Galvanised Steel Wire Rope Grips DIN1142
You can easily create Wire Rope Eyes or Eyelets with these clamps by simply threading through your wire and tightening the nuts. Marine grade, these rope grips are tough, durable and corrosion resistant.
It is recommended to use 3 Wire Rope Clamps per end to ensure that the eyes are tight and secure.
The wire rope grip clamps are made from yellow zinc passivated steel, DIN 1142 to meet EN 13411-5:2003 performance specification. They will suit 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 13mm and 16mm steel wire rope diameters.
Find a simple guide below on how to fit your steel wire rope grips including a diagram and a product video. If you need any help or advice on selecting or fitting the right grips for you, get in touch today.
A simple guide on how to use and fit your steel wire rope grips
- Din741, Din1142 and US Federal Steel Wire Rope Grips should be spaced six wire rope diameters apart to give adequate holding power (eg. 5mm wire rope = 30mm distance between grips)
- We recommend a minimum of 3 grips per end
- They should be tightened before the rope is placed under tension
- After the load is placed on the wire rope, tighten the clamps again to take care of any lessening in rope diameter caused by tension of the load
- Regularly check the nuts ensuring they are still fastened tightly
- The Wire Rope Grips are sized like for like, eg. If you have 5mm wire rope then buy 5mm grips, each grip allows that diameter of wire to pass through twice to form a loop
- It is generally accepted that you should achieve 50% of the wire rope breaking load as a guide to holding power
Please take note of the above image, the dead end of the wire (cut end) should always be at the top, the live end should always be at the bottom on the saddle.
Product Video Available